Works in progress at the Vicenza plant. The historic locomotive has been moved to make room for many new features to come! But it will continue to welcome visitors in the forecourt of our headquarters!
Historical curiosity: The steam locomotives Group 740 of the Ferrovie dello Stato were built by the Adriatic Network before the nationalization of the railways in 1905, to haul demanding trains on the ramps of the Alpine valleys or the Apennine passes, but also freight convoys on secondary lines throughout Italy .
470 were built between 1911 and 1922 and reached speeds of 65 km / h.
Some, such as the FS 735, were used in towing armed trains of the Regia Marina during the Second World War.
They were the undisputed protagonists of Italian steam up to the 1970s on the country’s non-electrified line.