Although the value of AFV Beltrame Group’s CO2 emissions is already now lower than the European average of electric arc furnace (EAF) steel emissions, the Group’s goal remains to further reduce its carbon footprint. Therefore, tangible actions have been defined based on a number of drivers, including production process efficiency. To this end, several Group-wide initiatives have been identified such as:
- Revamping of the main reheating furnaces of the rolling mills;
- Use of digital control systems for the melting and rolling furnace;
- Increasing billet inlet temperatures in the rolling mills through direct feed lines from the steel mill;
- Improved operating procedures and behavioral practices in maintenance and non-routine activities.
- These applications have enabled the Group to improve its production performance.